Friday, August 26, 2011

Costco before a hurricane is a bit crazy

Today is my rotating day off, and I have nothing else planned so I was prepared to spend some quality time standing in lines at Costco.

I was a little worried when I saw the lines of people with carts full of water that I was a little late to the party, especially when I couldn't find the water. I finally tracked it down as they were restocking it in the back. Once I had my water, I was able to browse the canned goods at a more leisurely pace.

Costco is a good place to people watch. I was standing in the line to get some pizza for lunch. Behind me a girl told her Mom that she wanted a piece of cheese pizza. Her mother responded, with a cool African accent, the following:

"Cheese pizza? What have you bought with that? Nothing. All pizza comes with cheese. If you don't get pizza with something on it you are just wasting money, so if you want pizza you'll get one with pepperoni or that other stuff on it."

It really struck me because 1: she was right, and 2: I would never have thought of it that way.

Both the little girl and I got pepperoni pizza for lunch.

No comments: